The high-voltage circuit breaker is one of the important electrical equipment in the power system. It is widely used in various voltage levels of the power system and has a wide range of applications. It is a very important control and protection device in the process of power generation, transmission, and distribution. The effect is as follows:
(1) Under normal conditions, safely and reliably control the input and withdrawal of various electrical equipment and power lines.
(2) When various electrical equipment and power lines in the power system fail, cooperate with relay protection devices, automatic reclosing devices and other safety automatic control devices to quickly cut off the fault current and remove the faulty part from the power grid , To reduce the scope of accidental power outage, and to ensure the stable and safe operation of the trouble-free part of the power grid.
(3) It should be a good conductor in the closed state, and it should be able to withstand the thermal and mechanical effects of not only normal current, but also short-circuit current.
(4) Good insulation performance to ground, phases and fractures.
(5) At any moment in the closed state, it should be possible to disconnect the current below the rated breaking current in the shortest possible time without dangerous overvoltage.
(6) At any moment in the open state, it should be possible to safely close the current in the short-circuit state in a short time under the condition that the contacts do not weld.
(7) There are many types of high-voltage circuit breakers. Compared with electrical equipment such as generators and transformers, they are very special. It shows that the research and development of high-voltage circuit breakers in terms of technology is still in the development stage and has not yet reached a centralized single principle and type. At the level of perfection, some theories, materials, principles, etc. are still under further study, and belong to “young equipment”. Therefore, when choosing a high-voltage circuit breaker, you should choose the corresponding variety of high-voltage circuit breakers according to different use places and different use requirements for product performance, reliability, and economy.